All original images and text are copyright 2008-2021 Liz Sweibel


Friday, December 19, 2008

"Many Kinds of Nothing"

My work was in "Many Kinds of Nothing" this fall, a group show curated by Shana Dumont at Montserrat College of Art in Beverly, MA. The other artists were Roni Horn, Dan Senn, and Nancy Murphy Spicer. It was a terrific experience, and a much-needed boost for my studio and morale. I gave a public talk and visited two sculpture classes, which left me sad that art school faculty jobs in NYC are out of reach. I love the teaching I do, but I really loved working with art students, felt I had something to say, and saw it was well received.

The curator was generous and insightful in giving my work the expanse of space it needs. The press was also generous and insightful (see Recent Press). What next?

No comments:

Post a Comment